Why I Embrace Getting Older: Birthday Post!

Wrinkles?  Jiggly bum? The inability to pull an all-nighter? Bring it on. I completely welcome all of the attributes of getting older. Today I celebrate twenty-six years of my magical life. And while I have learned so much these years, I wanted to write about why people (women specifically), should embrace getting older.

In a world where physical beauty holds more importance over inner beauty (no thanks to social media), I witness too many of my girlfriends desperately trying to avoid aging. Ladies, YOU ARE GOING TO AGE. Yes, moisturizing and exercise will definitely prevent you from aging faster but – you will age! I say, relax and accept it for what it is. Age gracefully, and not in a panic at twenty-five. Plus, I’m sure all that stress and worry about aging isn’t helping!

So, why do I embrace getting older? For starters, I get to learn new things about myself each year. I find I surprise myself more the older I get, in the best way possible. I’m sure this rings true for many of you as well. I think the relationship you have with yourself is the most important, so it’s a beautiful thing when you understand that relationship even better.

Wrinkles are attractive! Yes, I said it. Those laugh lines you have? It shows that you’re the type of person that smiles a lot, and hey, that’s beautiful if you ask me.

I care less about what others think. This might be my favourite one. I no longer care about what everyone else around me thinks. Understanding that my physical appearance does not result in how valued I feel in society. I no longer try to fit a standard. And let me tell you, it’s so refreshing.

Important people come into perspective. It’s really clear who is there for me when I need support. As we age, our groups tend to get smaller. This is such a time saver as I tend to put all of my energy into those who are in my life, so it’s really wonderful to spend that love on people who truly want to be around.

I can pass on what I’ve learned to others. I think it’s really important to share the love. If I’ve experienced something and I can provide advice to someone going through a similar situation, I’ll try to help as best as I can. Getting older means more experiences, life lessons, and overcoming more barriers. Share those experiences with others!

Feeling grateful. I may be getting older, but I’m healthy and alive.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that we (as women) need to re-evaluate our priorities. Working on our souls should come before botox. A birthday should be CELEBRATED as another year of life, instead of another number.

Do any of you feel this way, or am I crazy? Weigh in below in the comments section. I’d love to know!

Anyway, even if it’s my birthday I still have work and lectures 🙁 But, I’m really excited to try an incredible Sushi restaurant tonight with the Boyfriend. I think I’m going to post my first InstaStory this evening so if you’re not following me on Insta, follow me here, and join the fun!

14 Comments

1. January 22, 2018 / 9:09 am

A staff restaurant xls medical max strength 120 asda Piech, a key company powerbroker, was quoted by Der Spiegel magazine Friday as saying he was “at a distance from Winterkorn,” who has been widely considered a likely successor as supervisory board chief

2. January 22, 2018 / 10:05 am

I’ve only just arrived levaquin dosing in dialysis patients Recruitment for the four-year term, first advertised publicly in May, is overseen by a panel including Jeremy Heywood, the Cabinet Secretary, and an independent assessor

3. January 22, 2018 / 1:56 pm

Gloomy tales oxygenius free trial Therefore, in some cases, it actually may be the employer’s fault if an employee becomes a problem drinker

4. January 22, 2018 / 3:52 pm

What do you like doing in your spare time? how many hours apart can you take valium The International Atomic Agency (IAEA) cannot “conclude that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities,” agency head Yukiya Amano said in Vienna on October 20, though he said Tehran has implemented “most of the practical measures agreed” to under a deal struck last year.

5. January 22, 2018 / 6:45 pm

What’s the interest rate on this account? 1000 valium china The French bank named Laurent Depus as senior countrymanager, Japan and president & representative director ofNatixis Japan Securities Co Ltd

6. January 22, 2018 / 7:42 pm

I’d like to order some foreign currency hydrocodone and valium interaction Almost 200 people, most of whom were Australian tourists or workers, were evacuated on two Australian military flights

7. January 22, 2018 / 8:38 pm

Could I ask who’s calling? provigil sleep apnea treatment
    A Greek official said the list would include measures to tackle Greece’s “humanitarian crisis”, regulate tax arrears and bad loans, and end the foreclosure of primary homes

8. January 23, 2018 / 3:30 am

Which year are you in? modafinil multiple sclerosis evidence Baraa Mohamed Salih, agriculture adviser to the governor of Salahadeen, the country’s top wheat-producing province in recent years, said Baghdad had decided not to deliver subsidized seeds, fertilizer, or fuel to government-held parts of Nineveh and Salahadeen this year because it fears it would end up helping the militants.

9. January 23, 2018 / 6:27 am

I’m originally from Dublin but now live in Edinburgh compazine side effects mayo clinic Rick Scott’s administration banned workers from using the terms “climate change” and “global warming” in their work

10. January 23, 2018 / 7:27 am

Three years where can i buy caralluma fimbriata in australia For the moment, it’s too early in the offseason to break it all down, but the point is there are plenty of questions to be answered before six losing seasons magically give way to big things next season, even with all of the promise the young pitching offers.

11. January 23, 2018 / 9:23 am

I’d like to open an account dexamethasone injection uses Since scoring the title, The 22-year-old is now concentrating on life in New York, where she’ll be living on Central Park South for the next 10 months